Hot Topics in Language Security (70327)
Seminar in Summer Term 2013General Information
- Juniorprof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Hammer
- Seminar (7 credit points)
- Course Material:
- Slides and papers suggested during the course
- We 07 Aug 2013, 14-17, 2.06, E1.1
MeetingsThe weekly meetings of the reading group will take place Fridays 10:00-11:30. Your summaries are due on Thurday evening. Students are supposed to read one paper each week and summarize it. The paper will then be discussed in the seminar based on your notes. At the end of the term there will be a block where each paper is presented based on the results of the discussion. The initial meeting was Mo, 22th April 2013 12:00 in room 206, building E1.1.
The lecture notes can only be viewed from within Saarland University. Please use a VPN to connect.
Requirements for successful participation
- Important: You can only take part in this seminar after you have successfully registered for it.
- For each meeting:
Hand in a summary until Tue, 17:00 before each meeting. Send a PDF by mail to Abhishek Bichhawat, include your student id.
Your summary should give a good overview of the material that will be discussed in the following session. It is intended to show us that you familiarized yourself with the material.
You should also include ~3 questions on the material to prepare yourself for the discussion.
On each session we will ask one student to kick-start the discussion based on their summary (~5 minutes). This is an opportunity for you to get early feedback on your presentation style.
We also offer (ungraded) opportunities to present your summary in form of a five-minute presentation, allowing you to get early feedback on your presentation style.
- Grading: Your final grade will consist of the following components:
- 40 % based on your final presentation
- 20 % based on the annotated slides
- 40 % based on participation in discussions / handed-in summaries / hands-on projects
- HISPOS Please remember that you have to register yourself in the HISPOS system (see link in the title) in order to pass the seminar.