Browser Security (83558)
Seminar in Winter Term 2014/2015General Information
- Juniorprof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Hammer
- M.Sc. Marie-Therese Walter
- Seminar (7 credit points)
- Course Material:
- Slides and papers suggested during the course
MeetingsThe weekly meetings of the seminar will take place Thursdays 13:00-14:00 in room 2.06. building E1.1. Your summaries are due on Tuesday evening 23:59. Students are supposed to read one paper each week and summarize it. The paper will then be discussed in the seminar based on your notes. At the end of the term there will be a block where each paper is presented based on the results of the discussion.
The lecture notes can only be viewed from within Saarland University. Please use a VPN to connect.
Requirements for successful participation
- Important: You can only take part in this seminar after you have successfully registered for it.
- For each meeting:
Hand in a summary until Tuesday, 23:59 before each meeting. Send a PDF by mail to Marie-Therese Walter.
The name of the pdf should have the following format:
[student id]-Summary[Number of the paper according to the paper list above].pdf
Your summary should give a good overview of the material that will be discussed in the following session in about 500 words. It is intended to show us that you familiarized yourself with the material.
You should also include ~3 questions on the material to prepare yourself for the discussion.
On each session we will ask one student to kick-start the discussion based on their summary (~5 minutes). This is an opportunity for you to get early feedback on your presentation style.
We also offer (ungraded) opportunities to present your summary in form of a five-minute presentation, allowing you to get early feedback on your presentation style.
- Grading: Your final grade will consist of the following components:
- 40 % based on your final presentation
- 20 % based on the annotated slides
- 40 % based on participation in discussions / handed-in summaries / hands-on projects
- HISPOS Please remember that you have to register yourself in the LSF HISPOS system in order to pass the seminar.